Monday, October 29, 2012

Career Change






I generally do not like to discuss, or explain my paintings, as it has always been my belief that a work of art should be self explanatory. A painting should be a private form of communication, between the artist and each prospective viewer. Everyone who views a work will form their own opinion, and we all know that everyone has one, and in the world today, very few can refrain from expressing them. That said, I do feel a need to discuss this a bit. It is not political, although at first glance it could appear to be so. Rather, It is my attempt to express a concept, rather than a political protest, and the subject could have been expressed, via many characters, throughout many periods of history.

I have often wondered if wars would be commenced, if those who issued the orders, actually had to do the fighting. There was a time in history, when king and emperor, rode on horseback, and was right there in the thick of the fighting. Apparently, those days are now centuries, if not millienia past. Nevertheless, I do wonder if those who issue orders for wars to commence, were right in there in the heat of battle, would other less violent solutions be found?

No comments:

Post a Comment