Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Favorite Artist of The Past


Although Van Gogh's paintings are in a style that is different than my way of working, I find a great deal of inspiration in them. There is also a great deal of freedom in them. Although he studied with others, he wasn't bound to the rules established by others, and made his own way. In the present world, his work receives much criticism, sometimes even from artists. However, when I go to the museum, I find that I study his works more than others.

As for his eating paint, well, I wouldn't do it, but hey, it does smell aweful good! At least if made with linseed oil, and I don't think he ate much.

The painting above is an attempt on my part to copy one of his self portraits. Probably a poor attempt, but I just respect his beliefs, and work so.

No comments:

Post a Comment